|JuliaCortRecruiting: Search Results|
|Back to record list|
|Record 9 of 116|
|Job Title:||Compiler Engineer|
|Perm or Contract:||Permanent|
|Skills:||compiler, LLVM/GCC middle/backend, Android, runtime libraries, ARM|
|Job Description:|| Architecture team is seeking a full time compiler engineer|
to join compiler team supporting ARM microprocessor designs.
Responsibilities include research, design, development, analysis, and
optimization of open-source LLVM compiler and Android open-source runtime libraries.
The compiler engineer will assist in establishing the direction and
implementation of processor microarchitecture and development of
compiler technology. Compiler engineers are involved with a wide range of concepts from target independent optimization techniques, C/C++
language extension to target specific code generation and
optimization techniques including register allocation, instruction
scheduling SW Pipeline and scalar optimizations.
Along with the performance architecture team, compiler engineers are
characterizing the performance benefits of prototyped implementations
through modeling, benchmarking and existing platforms.
Compiler engineers are working closely with and are providing
feedback to core design, performance and software developers.
Duties will include:
- Proposing design, implement and defend compiler optimizations to team members.
- Reviewing code changes and design proposals from team members.
- Participating actively in open source communities.
- Upstreaming to open source projects.
- Analyzing both client and server workloads and benchmarks for
compiler tuning opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
Candidate will have had prior experience in development of compilers and related tool-chain. Excellent written and oral communication skills are expected of all applicants.
- Knowledge of LLVM/GCC middle/backend.
- Code generation and low-level optimizations.
- Modern microprocessor architecture; preferably ARM architecture.
- Various operating systems (Linux or Windows).
- Profile-directed feedback, other advanced compilation techniques.
- Post-compiler or link-time optimizations.
- Performance analysis or compiler tuning for client or server workloads.
- Programming languages.
- Previous experience with Android and Chromium development is a plus.
- Previous contributions to open source projects is a plus.
MS or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (MS or PhD preferred).