|JuliaCortRecruiting: Search Results|
|Back to record list|
|Record 103 of 111|
|Job Title:||Fellow SW Engineering|
|Perm or Contract:||Permanent|
|Skills:||Hypervisors and designing software architectures, system and sw development, windows, linux, compilers, parallel programming, BIOS, platform initialization, ACPI and runtime, OS|
|Job Description:|| Job Description:|
As the Software Fellow for server platforms you will own and drive the platform software architecture for Server platforms. Responsibilities include defining the SW stack requirements for server platforms (OS, Virtualization, Security, Manageability, Compilers, Tools, etc.), generating SW Architecture specification for the design teams, ensuring proper implementation of the specs (working with the SW team and other platform architects), working with product management to help define winning products, and conducting customer visits as needed.
• Working knowledge of all aspects of system platform interfaces: BIOS, platform initialization, ACPI and runtime.
• Detailed operational knowledge of at least one operating system. Windows or Linux preferred, Android and MacOS/iOS is a plus.
• Driver architecture knowledge of Windows and Linux. Other operating systems are a plus.
• Knowledge of Virtualization, System power management and client/server architecture is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with parallel programming techniques and heterogeneous computing is desirable.
• Knowledge of compilers, libraries, and development tools is highly desirable.
• Candidate must be able to clearly communicate technical direction, influencing peers and superiors. Candidate must also be able to work effectively across organizational boundaries with minimal supervision.
• At least 15 years of experience in system and SW development, 8 years in operating systems.
• Ph.D. or MS in computer science or equivalent.